RIT has a ukulele club?!

There’s nothing more exciting than experiencing the stunned confusion of a friend who questions the existence of the club. Being relatively new (our 2nd birthday is coming up soon!), we are always delighted to introduce our club to anyone who will listen. In response to our need to spread the word, we decided to create a place where you can find everything you need to know about the club and more. Without further ado, welcome to the official blog of The RIT Ukulele Club!

Following this blog means you will gain insight to our performances, objectives, members and of course, the ukulele. I will take you backstage to our major performances such as our upcoming show at Rochester’s Fringe Festival, give some tips on how to successfully nail that pesky tab you’ve been trying to learn and much more. Along with the blog, you can follow our journey on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. We have a ton of events planned for the year that you do not want to miss!

This club is as unique as RIT itself. If you’re interested in learning how to play the ukulele, seeking a group to jam with, or just want to hang out make sure to join us at our meetings held every Monday from 8 to 10pm in Eastman 2000. We are always seeking new members!

The first time I heard about the club was at the big club fair during my freshman year. With a table adorned with ukuleles and the most upbeat people on campus, I knew I had to join. I have to admit, with little skill and a cheap ukulele I was nervous when it came time for the first meeting. Now as I play alongside some of the coolest people I know, I can say joining the club was the best decision I have ever made. When did you first hear about our club? We’d love to here your thoughts! Comment below!

Until next time, keep calm and uke on!